COVID and keeping our athletes safe
We are eager to have our athletes return to training and are continuing to monitor the CDC and local guidelines as Virginia moves towards widespread reopening.
To follow Virginia, Prince William County mandates and CDC guidelines, we will be implementing the following procedures:
- All athletes and parents will be temperature checked upon arrival in indoor facilities and/or meets
- For the safety of our coaches, volunteers, and athletes, we will require parents and all visitors entering the practice area to wear a face mask / face covering upon entry. Athletes are not required to wear mask during practice.
- We will enforce social distancing. Physical distance of 6ft must be maintained by athletes, coaches, and parents. Social distancing will also be incorporated into the training modules.
- We encourage all athletes to use the restrooms prior to arriving at practice to reduce the risk of gathering in groups, as well as interrupting practice sessions. All athletes must utilize the hand sanitation area prior to start of practice.
- All parents/guardians will be required to check their athlete in upon each practice and complete a COVID19 screening acknowledgement. Athletes will not be allowed to practice without a parent/guardian completing a daily acknowledgement.
- We have CLOSED PRACTICE SESSIONS. Parents, guardians and siblings are NOT allowed in the practice area. This helps us maintain our social distancing and number requirements.
- If you or your athlete are experiencing illness (fever, respiratory illness, coughing, etc.) we ask that you and your athlete stay home. If you or your child have been exposed or believe to have been exposed to someone with COVID19, we ask that you refrain from attending practice. If your child becomes ill or experience symptoms during practice, you will be asked to pick up your child ASAP.
We look forward to seeing your athlete soon!
Be safe ,
Dale City "Lightning" Track Club